If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s the importance of community. I have always considered myself an extrovert, but that was definitely confirmed this year. I am sure many of you can relate to this.
How to host a festive girls’ night in 2020
While gathering with girlfriends might look a little different right now, it means so much more. Hosting a girls’ night under the stars during the 2020 holiday season with a roaring fire and a few twinkle lights will be a night worth documenting.
Simple tips for a memorable night:
- Hang string lights from trees to create ambiance
- Start a roaring bonfire for warmth
- Mix a signature cocktail
- My friend Joel found the perfect cocktail recipe for our girls’ night. Not only was the drink festive, but with a few modifications, it was super easy. To omit the boiling process altogether, Joel suggested purchasing simple syrup. Thank you, Joel, for this tasty recipe!
- Bonus tip: Wet the rim of your glass with a damp cloth, then dip the rim in gold sprinkles for a festive touch.
- Write your signature cocktail recipe on holiday-themed cards and hand them out to your girls as a keepsake.
- Go casual or cocktail: Ask your girls to wear their favorite Christmas PJs or festive dress depending on the mood.
Here are a few tips for serving up your cocktails:
- Mix your drink right before serving
- Keep your opened bottle of champagne in an ice bucket
- When you fill your glass with the champagne stop halfway, so the bubbles don’t spill over the top of the glass.
- An alternate sparkling beverage that is alcohol-free but just as pretty and festive.
- Stain removal products for your cute dress (just in case)
- Tossware – these disposable glasses are both shatterproof and chic
- A festive playlist
- To capture the memories with pics and videos
- All the fun things – dancing, laughing, sharing stories
Be sure to post your Girls’ Night Holiday Edition photos to Instagram and tag @fullheartco so I can share them! I hope you have fun with those you love this holiday season!
Girls’ Night Bestie: Jennifer Parker